The UK Identify and Passport Service (IPS) makes all passport requirements available online. If you do not live in the UK you may apply through the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) or contact your nearest embassy, consulate or high commission. Alternatively, you may apply in person for a passport whilst visiting the UK. In order to do this, you need to make an appointment at a passport office and you must provide an address in the UK to which the passport may be posted. Please note that we do not accept applications by post or e-mail if you live abroad.
Specific information relating to Children of British mothers.
One standard form that you can use for all types of individual applications.
The standard fee for a UK passport is 97 GBP.
- First adult passport (aged 16 or over, or a child likely to become 16 before we can issue a passport)
- Renewing an adult passport
- New or renewed child passport (under 16s)
- Replacing a lost, stolen or damaged passport
- Amending a passport (change my name)
- Extension of a limited passport
- Urgent applications