Business travelers want a fresh new take on a hotel their stays, and The Godfrey Hotel Chicago provides it. This boutique hotel is chic (opened on February 1, 2014). And its Cubist-influenced exterior adds to Chicago’s famous architecture. Located in the trendy River North neighborhood, the Godfrey is just steps away from other iconic Chicago landmarks. Business travelers and event planners will enjoy this hotel.
Experience The Godfrey Hotel Chicago:
[flgallery id=121 /]
Here is what you need to know when planning a stay for either business or a special event:
Godfrey Hotel Guest Rooms
The Godfrey has 228 contemporary rooms in four categories: king, double queen, one bedroom suites and executive suites. I stayed in room 1316 (a standard king). It had a spectacular southern view that included the Sears Tower as well as other notable Loop landmarks. Room amenities include full-length mirrors on the front of storage cabinets, a sitting chair, generous desk space equipped with six power outlets and L’Occitane bath amenities. Each room at the Godfrey has its own personality.
Meetings and Events
If you’re searching for a hotel that offers modern style and privacy for a meeting (10-100 attendees) or special event (for as many as 700), the Godfrey offers six spaces:
- The Truss room is a flexible private meeting space that can hold 60 in a classroom style and 150 in a reception format (three room layout options). The Truss room also has a secluded outdoor area that also includes a large fireplace — a nice feature that you can use for an outdoor break or even a cocktail hour.
- The IO Urban Roofscape is also available for meetings and events, holding up to 750 in a reception format.
- The IO Urban Roofscape also has a secluded outdoor portico area with a breathtaking southern view of downtown Chicago that can entertain 250 guests in a reception format.
- All facilities have LED displays, natural light and complementary Wifi.
Dining at the Godfrey
The IO Urban Roofscape is an urban rooftop bar and lounge that offers delectable contemporary cuisine (tapas-style) and home made cocktails. The industrial feel of the area reflects the old warehouses that is synonymous with River North. Insider Tip: Godfrey hotel guests get automatic admission and a complimentary drink ticket to the IO Urban Roofscape Lounge.
A couple of noteworthy menu items are:
- The Lamb Sticks with Tziziki sauce is juicy and light.
- The Chef’s Mojito-Barcardi, Lime Soda and Mint is very smooth and delicious.
- The Sunset Cocktail-Aged Rum, Blood Oranges and Coffee Shrub is fruity and refreshing.
The capacity of the restaurant and lounge is 250 indoors and the outdoor space can hold a reception for up to 500 guests. The business travel hotel is also constructing a new restaurant,
Dolce Italian of Miami is expected to open this spring, and is currently under construction.
The hotel partners with local technology startups to offer unique amenities for business travelers. For example, Urban Buddy acts as a local concierge free of charge as locals will respond to inquiries around recommendations within two minutes or less. You can also use CheckMate, an online and mobile app, to confirm early arrival and precheck-in. A local startup even developed the interactive concierge board in the lobby of the hotel.
The 24-hour fitness center has LifeFitness equipment and allows business travelers to stay in shape while on the road. The Godfrey Hotel also offers discounted black car services to and from Chicago airports through a local company.
The Godfrey demonstrates that hotels on the cutting edge of emerging styles and technologies provide unique opportunities to business travel. The hotel goes to great lengths to incorporate one of a kind contemporary guest room design, meeting space, restaurants and amenities.
Have you stayed at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago? Share your comments with us.