Education and Networking Collide for Enhanced Experience
CHICAGO (May 23) – The Americas Incentive, Business Travel and Meetings Exhibition
(AIBTM), happening at McCormick Place June 11-13 in Chicago, will offer attendees a number of enrichment events and activities to complement the scheduled educational opportunities.
“AIBTM prides itself on providing unique opportunities for professionals to engage in and learn about the meetings and events industry,” said Michael Lyons, AIBTM Exhibition Director. “Attendees are going to receive an abundance of critical information from knowledgeable industry executives during our ‘Education Day’, network with colleagues to build their social circles and working relationships and enhance their ability to plan effective and compelling meetings.”
“Education Day,” which kicks off Americas Meetings Week on June 11, will offer 30 hours of CEU-accredited education including sessions from major industry associations such as the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA), Association of Corporate Travel Executives (ACTE), International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE), Meeting Professionals International (MPI), Society of Incentive Travel Executives (Site) and International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA). All sessions are designed to support meetings industry professionals in defining the future of meetings… together.
Back by popular demand this year is the Market Focus on Europe networking session. In addition to Europe, AIBTM is launching two new Market Focus events on Asia and Latin America. These networking sessions will serve as an opportunity for attendees interested in expanding their reach into these geographic regions.
Also featured this year is the Future Events Experience brought to you by The Meeting Pool, which showcases the latest technology for the meetings and events industry, as well as an influx of new initiatives and networking events, including:
- Welcome Party at Navy Pier, brought to you by Choose Chicago: Features some of Chicago’s best restaurants and food trucks, live entertainment from Green Thirteen and the Chicago Boyz, and a fireworks show.
- Tourisme Montréal’s Breakfast in Bed: Hosted buyers and planners are invited to sign up for the famous breakfast delivered to their door.
- Speakers Showcase: During show floor hours June 12 and 13, the Lecture Theatre will showcase a “sampling” of top speakers from across the country.
- “InFocus Live” Session: The June episode, sponsored by The Tourist Office of Spain, will cover creative culinary and how food beverage can shape your meeting experience. Attendees will view these live demonstrations in the Lecture Theatre.
- Executive Chef Tasting: Opportunity for attendees to sample the culinary creations from participating chefs including Trevor Hoyte, Executive Chef of IPO, Thai Ding of Embeya, and Savor Catering’s Chef Vincent Lai.
- Networking Hour: Participating exhibitors will host receptions at their booths on Wednesday evening from 5:00-6:00 where attendees will have the opportunity to network.
- PCMA’s Party With a Purpose @ AIBTM: Professional Convention Management Association hosts a social event at Rockit Bar and Grill where all proceeds go to PCMA Education Foundation.
- The Refresh Zone, brought to you by Allied PRA: An area on the show floor dedicated to relaxation and networking where attendees can take a break and enjoy some refreshments. Participating vendors include Ghiradelli, Vitner’s, Power Tower, Pure Kitchen Catering, and TouchTunes.
Additionally, AIBTM has worked in tandem with Choose Chicago to showcase the best Chicago has to offer during the three-day show.
“Choose Chicago is pleased to host AIBTM 2013 and the hundreds of key meeting planners who attend the show,” said Michael Tarr, Vice President of Sales, Choose Chicago. “We are confident that Chicago’s premier convention facility, in conjunction with the city’s unparalleled dining scene, exceptional cultural attractions, shopping and endless nightlife options will ensure AIBTM’s success this year.“
As a show sendoff, several of AIBTM exhibitors will be raffling off gift cards, trips, gadgets and more as part of the AIBTM Big Draw. Attendees are welcome to leave their business cards with participating exhibitors for a chance to win. Winners must be present to claim their prizes, which will be on display in the Future Events Experience on Thursday, June 13th at 3:30 p.m.
AIBTM is set to kick off on June 11. To participate as an exhibitor, apply as a Hosted Buyer or register as a Trade Visitor, go to www.aibtm.com. Join AIBTM on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and i-Meet.
The Americas Incentive, Business Travel Meetings Exhibition (AIBTM) is a leading global exhibition for the U.S. meetings and events industry. AIBTM delivers individually qualified Hosted Buyers and eligible Trade buyers from the U.S. and around the world. Tailored to the U.S. market, AIBTM serves and guarantees the attendance of top-level decision makers. The exhibitions provide time and business efficient matching services for buyers and sellers through unique Hosted Buyer Programs. For more information, please visit www.aibtm.com. AIBTM takes place from June 11-13, 2013. Join AIBTM on Linked in, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
AIBTM forms part of the Reed Travel Exhibitions Meetings, Events and Business Travel Portfolio along with AIME (www.aime.com.au), GIBTM (www.gibtm.com), CIBTM (www.cibtm.com), IBTM India (http://www.ibtmevents.com/IBTM-India/) EIBTM (www.eibtm.com) and Business Travel Market (www.businesstravelmarket.co.uk).
Reed Travel Exhibitions
Reed Travel Exhibitions (RTE) is the world’s leading provider of exhibitions in the travel and tourism industry. Its wide-ranging portfolio of events around the globe covers leisure travel, luxury travel, meetings, incentives and business travel, as well as golf, ski and spa travel.
The 19 events are; World Travel Market (WTM), World Travel Market Latin America (WTM Latin America), Arabian Travel Market (ATM), International French Travel Market Top Resa (IFTM), International Golf Travel Market (IGTM), International Ski Travel Market (ISTM), International Luxury Travel Market (ILTM), International Luxury Travel Market Asia (ILTM Asia), International Luxury Travel Market Americas (ILTM Americas), International Luxury Travel Market Africa (ILTM Africa), International Luxury Travel Market Japan (ILTM Japan), International Luxury Travel Market Spa (ILTM Spa), Asia-Pacific Incentives Meetings Expo (AIME) (owned by Melbourne Convention + Visitors Bureau), Global Exhibition for Incentive, Business Travel, and Meetings (EIBTM), Gulf Incentive, Business Travel and Meetings (GIBTM), Americas Incentive, Business Travel and Meetings (AIBTM), China Incentive, Business Travel and Meetings (CIBTM), India Incentive, Business Travel and Meetings (IBTM India) and Business Travel Market.
September 2013 will see the launch of IBTM India in Mumbai, India, and another exciting launch in the ski travel sector, with International Ski Travel Market in March 2014.
RTE is a business unit of Reed Exhibitions.
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organizer, with over 500 events in 39 countries. In 2011 Reed brought together six million active event participants from around the world, generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 33 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 44 industry sectors with trade and consumer events and is part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc, a world-leading publisher and information provider and a FTSE 100 company. www.reedexpo.com