The Kentucky Derby Festival is a two-week long celebration of events happening right now, leading up to the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs. Whether it’s a wedding, meeting, employee outing or other special event, planning events at thoroughbred horse race tracks is definitely a unique event. Sample itinerary for a day at the horse track.
May 2011 Holidays and Events
- May 1 (Sunday), Holocaust Remembrance Day
- May 1 (Sunday), May Day Holiday, Bank Holiday Observed May 2 (UK)
- May 5 (Thursday), Cinco de Mayo
- May 7 (Saturday), Kentucky Derby
- May 8 (Sunday), Mother’s Day
- May 11 (Wednesday), Cannes Film Festival (through May 22)
- May 17 (Tuesday), French Open (through June 5)
- May 23 (Monday), Victoria Day (Canada, Scotland)
- May 29 (Sunday), Indianpolis 500
- May 30 (Monday), Memorial Day (U.S.)
Check out our 2011 Calendar of Holidays and Major Special Events.
And please send your suggestions about May holidays and events that could be added to the 2011 or 2012 calendars! Thanks.